Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Nine 01/05/10 Tuesday

Today went by in a blur! The morning started out as per our well known routine, Kevin made coffee last night so I just had one cup instead or two or three. This breakfast is working out really well for me, I'm so so so lucky that Kevin gets up each day and makes it for me! We weigh ourselves each morning and today I had lost a pound! I was also very excited to see that I had lost two pounds over December. It's not a lot, not nearly as much as I have lost other months, but December was a food orgy for us, and losing any weight is a huge success. HOORAY!

My whole day was really busy, I started out with an appointment at the HR office, I met with a woman to talk about FMLA, disability, etc. I feel pretty good about my status, if I do have MS and I do end up taking a lot of sick leave as a result, I'll be covered. School starts on Friday and there are a lot of students to audit yet, it's time to weed out those students who have become ineligible for their classes. I met with a few this morning and dealt with the audits as well. I didn't have a snack until I was working out, I ate an apple while Amy and I were doing stair work.We ran into some CMGT faculty in the Rawl building, everybody likes to comment on people who exercise, it's so strange. One certain administrative assistant snidely asked what we were trying to lose, assuming we were trying to lose aything, how rude! A professor chimed in that we were working on improving cardiovascular health...here here! Three cheers for the guy who knows that it's about being healthy, not just hot.

At lunchtime I discovered that I'd forgotten to pack a can of soup, doh! Luckily, I've had an Atkins protein bar in my bag for months, I munched on that and a cup of Greek yogurt with blueberries. It was delish, it had been far too long since I'd had any Greek yogurt. It's so hard to find! And thank goodness for the protien bar! It wasn't a lot of food but it filled me up, and it was quick.



All of a sudden it was time to go home and I hadn't eaten anything else! I ate a quick cup of mixed nuts just before I left the office and a banana on the car ride home.

Now it's time for me to enjoy a glass of wine and eat my spinac salad - yum! - while my baby makes me dinner. It's a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment